Thursday, October 28, 2010

Food Allergies

This is a thought that struck me today, so the first thing I did was jump on here to write this. It seems that so many food allergies are popping up today than ever before, both in the variety of allergens and the number of people allergic. There are nut allergies, soy allergies, gluten allergies, and so many more. I know it is hard to avoid these things in food, but fortunately there are more products being made without these ingredients. To me it seems that unless prepared with one of these ingredients, meat carries none of these harmful allergens. For those who eat meat and have an allergy, I feel as if they have more options.

I do know that for anyone with an allergy, proper management of a diet is in order, be they meat eater or vegetarian. But my question now is this: Is it harder to be a vegetarian if you have a food allergy? I mean no offense by this post, I am only curious to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment