As much as I think America goes overboard with the slaughtering of animals for meat, I thought I'd like to expand on something that came to me earlier in the night. And I hope that no one in the class takes offense to this, because none is meant at all.
A friend and I walked to Angie's for subs, and I ordered a turkey sub while she got a chicken parmesan. Later in my room as I was eating the sub, I thought to myself that humans are omnivores, and they are not the only ones. Bears are also omnivores, as well as many other animals out there. Do humans really have to give up on meat?
I know that I personally would probably not be able to make it as a vegetarian. I get hungry easily and it often takes quite a bit to fill me up. Salads and pasta don't cut it for me. Believe me, I've tried. Cereal does a pretty good job, but I have to eat two or three bowls, depleting my cereal and milk resources faster than normal. What really helps is having some kind of meat. Plus, I like the taste of it. I will admit, I know that there are things out there like Boca meat and tofu and other meat replacements that I have not fully tried, but I'm not sure how easy it would be for me to give it up.
This is the question I would like to pose. Is there evil in humans eating meat if they don't have to when nonhuman animals do the same?
No comments:
Post a Comment